Litigation Attorney – Public Entity
Allen, Glaessner, Hazelwood & Werth LLP, a firm specializing in defending public entities, is seeking an associate attorney to join its growing firm in its Public Entity practice group.
As an associate in our Public Entity practice group, you will represent mostly public entities, such as municipalities, school districts, public transportation districts, park and recreation districts, and water districts, in a variety of lawsuits in state and federal court arising from dangerous condition of public property, inverse condemnation, Americans with Disabilities Act, and constitutional violations under the United States and California Constitutions. You will be involved in cases from their initial filing through resolution, trial, or appeal, including developing litigation strategy, conducting discovery (including taking and defending depositions), interacting and communicating directly with clients, writing, and arguing dispositive motions, and participating at trial.
Prior experience with the California Government Tort Claims Act, defending public entities, or experience in federal court is helpful, but not essential. Rather, we seek an associate who is eager to learn, highly self-motivated, and interested in long-term personal and professional growth as a trial attorney in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
An attorney who will be successful in this position has:
- Three to five years of litigation experience with progressive responsibility for all aspects of pre-trial discovery, including taking and defending depositions, as well as preparing persuasive dispositive motions;
- A curiosity to learn and practice public entity law;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Strong legal writing and researching skills;
- An interest in developing trial skills and to try cases;
- A desire to develop business and contribute to the growth of the firm;
- Outstanding academic credentials from an ABA approved law school; and
- An active license with the California State Bar.
We offer a collegial atmosphere, a casual work environment with remote work options, opportunities for advancement, competitive salary, benefits, and a professional home from which to develop your career and future.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample (preferably from a dispositive motion such as a demurrer, motion to dismiss, or motion for summary judgment).
Applicants must be fully vaccinated.Apply Here